When we were decorating our tree, I had my folks bring me their old holiday records to play on the loved Crosley (above) that Santa gave me last year:
1. Henry Mancini's A Merry Mancini Christmas - my absolute favorite.
2. The Charlie Byrd Christmas Album - beautiful acoustic guitar.
3. A Charlie Brown Christmas - includes a 12-page read-along book!
4. December by George Winston - lovely piano solos.
5. Tchaikovsky Nutcracker Suite - the ballet you all know and love.
I grew up on these classics. When I play them, they give me instant warm fuzzies. I've been sneaking them on while Hal is away because he's sick of them already. You can't beat the crackle and hiss...and occasional skip...of old vinyl. I don't even mind flipping sides every 2 minutes!
Does anyone else have these records in particular? What holiday music did you listen to growing up?