1. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hossein
2. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
3. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
4. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
5. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
6. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
7. My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler
8. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
9. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
I am so lucky to have the most beautiful AND brilliant girlfriends who are nerd enough to form a book club with me. The Bookies! We started a few years back when I was still living in LA. After each read, we'll celebrate the book's cuisine and culture, which usually leads to 5-minute discussions about the story and 5-hour discussions about other things.
For instance, after Kite Runner, we ate qorma and kabobs at an Afghani restaurant. After Breakfast at Tiffany's, we ate breakfast at Tiffany's house. After The Master and Margarita, we drank flavored vodkas at a Russian restaurant. You get the idea. Our current book is The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay and I have a feeling Jewish nosh might be in our future.
What books are you reading? Do you have any ideas for our next read?